Thank you to everyone that has so far downloaded the compilation album ‘Things That Aren’t There’ (still available here), and even bigger thanks to those of you that gave a little to the Willow Foundation in exchange. If you were one of the first people to donate you will have received an email this week about receiving kindly donated copies of the Cocean EP and The Exhibition single that were part of the giveaway. If you enjoyed what you heard, here’s where you might like to delve a little further:
- Imoko Set have three other tracks, including ‘Into The Dark’, a track from the same sessions as ‘This is the Language’, available for free download from their Soundcloud page.
- The Exhibition’s debut single is available on 7″ vinyl from our own shop, whilst there are free downloads galore over on the-exhibition.co.uk.
- Cocean’s EP ‘Pictures Fade’ (Seduction Records), and their split single with, another local band, Lines In Sand (Inhaler Records), are both available through itunes.
- The North are now Toba Caldera. Find their free demo here.
- Richard Kitson’s debut album ‘Home and Dry’ featuring the track ‘Low Tide’ is available for just £5 through richardkitson.com.
- McCarthy Vigil have some brand new tracks uploaded over on their Soundcloud page.
- The 4-track Penguin. EP ‘This is Believing’ is available via itunes and through Dead Sober Records.
- Hear more from The Favio Bechthold Situation on his Myspace page and look out for a full release through Of National Importance Records in the near future.
- Goldsoul track ‘Fake’ is available to download for free here, their debut single will be released very soon.
- Various Charlie North albums including ‘The Spaces Inbetween’ – from which ‘Early Morning Call’ is taken – are available from Charlie’s Bandcamp page.
- Liam Stewart’s highly recommended album ‘Sixteen Words’ is available in its entirety for free via the Blocsonic label (as are the maxi-singles ‘Sooner’ and ‘Bird of Prey’.)
- You can find more tracks from The Glavins over on their Myspace page here.
- Goodbye Good’s self-titled and brilliant debut album is available from Pick Out a Good Note Records.
- Mynas have their debut album available now through their own shop at mynas.co.uk.
- ‘Up From the Deep’ is the latest album from Katriona Gilmore and Jamie Roberts, available along with much more from gilmoreroberts.co.uk
- Lyndon Scarfe has six tracks available to download for free over at www.soundcloud.com/lyndonscarfe
- All tracks from Kafka are also available to download completely for free via his Soundcloud page.
In home news, we have a lot of releases coming up in the first half of 2011. Firstly we’ll be dealing with the UK side of the Alvarez Kings ‘Patience is strength’ EP release, followed most likely by a couple of soon to be announced projects with bands new to the label in the early summer.
The Exhibition are nominated in two categories at this year’s Sheffield Scenester Awards. You can’t influence the results as such yourself but you might enjoy the ceremony which takes place tonight (31/01/11) at Soyo. News on The Exhibition’s live return and new recordings will likely come your way over the next few months.
Top Photo by Kojiki Design