- soundcloud.com/ofnationalimpo… @AztecDollUK @The_Black_Lamps @McCarthyVigil 1 year ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Even when yr an old man the buzz of finding yr album in a great record shop never goes away. Cheers @PiccadillyRecs h… 2 years ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Chuffed to bits that this wonderful RPS exhibition at Barnsley Civic is using my latest Music for a Lost Film https:/… 2 years ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Missed this while away in Australia, cheers @sicMagazine First Glances – Lyndon Scarfe - sicmagazine.net/11413/first-gl… 2 years ago
- RT @Chris_Nosnibor: has work to do, so here's a tube youtu.be/MZx3ubtGehU @ONI_Records 2 years ago
Of Dwindling Importance
- Of National Importance Records 2009-2015 (…and a bit more)
- ONI19 | Lyndon Scarfe | Music for a Lost Film: Volume 2
- ONI18 | Lyndon Scarfe | Layers EP
- Misophonic Minds: Another Corner of Barnsley Counter Culture
- The Black Lamps | Press, Reviews & Apparel
- The Black Lamps + McCarthy Vigil | LIB | 31.01.15
- The Black Lamps out now on CD, 12″ vinyl and Digital.
- The Black Lamps | Debut Album | Pre-order Now
- Long Division presents King Street Krawl | 14.09.14
- The Exhibition – Carry to the End | released today
Category Archives: Toba Caldera
Our compilation EP Pareidolia is officially released today. Rejoice! Though you may have already acquired yourself a copy from somewhere special, if you haven’t and would very much like to, there are links to do so below.
The limited edition CD is available from Bandcamp, Debut Records and Norman Records. By the end of the week it’ll also be in a select few other independents up and down the country. The following are links to UK sites where you can buy the digital version of Pareidolia but in most cases, if you live elsewhere, you’ll find the release available in your region too with a quick search.
There are many many more digital retailers providing the tracks than we’ve room to list here – including streaming services like Spotify and Wimp Music – so again just check your favourite or get in touch.
We also have T-shirts available from today. They’re very limited and you’ll only find those in our own store by clicking here. Each shirt comes with a digital copy of all six tracks included in the price. Thank you Liam!
We had our Barnsley launch event this Saturday and what a lovely day it was. There are a few pictures of the very hot and tight conditions from inside Debut Records on their Facebook page. Thank you very much to all the bands, Stu for letting us takeover his shop, the members of Toba Caldera who ran the sound and venue at Rebeccas, the local press that helped to promote it, Rebecca Bracha for the top photo and of course everyone who came down to either venue. And there’s still the Sheffield leg to come on the 24th…
Finally, here’s the video for Imoko Set’s Crying in the Temple. Enjoy
Our compilation EP Pareidolia (ONI08) will finally be released on the 15th of July after over a year in the making. The 6-track release features Barnsley-based artists new and old to our label, who each contribute a track that you either won’t have heard before or one that has been newly mastered by Jason Sanderson. You can pre-order by clicking here or listen to a full stream of the complete thing below.
There are a range of options for the pre-order. The CD edition is limited to just 200 copies and comes in a hand-stamped and hand-numbered recycled card sleeve with an insert, complete with quote from Brian Cox’s spiritual father Carl Sagan. Many many thanks to the multi-talented Jamie Briggs from Imoko Set who designed the beautiful packaging and who I’m sure is available for other work. The digital version of Pareidolia will be available from Spotify, itunes, emusic and the rest from the 15th but our store is the place you’ll find the cheapest permanent downlands in whatever quality and format you’d like. We’ll also be adding some extremely limited Pareidolia t-shirts to the pre-order in the next few days so hold out if you like your music in a format you can wear.
There will be two launch nights near the release date in both Barnsley and Sheffield. First in Barnsley we have all six bands playing live on 13th of July, split between the venues Rebeccas and the newly opened Debut Records. There’s a Facebook event for that here which we’ll hopefully update with the specifics tomorrow. The Sheffield leg will be taking place at Redhouse on Solly Street on the 24th; Facebook event here.
More thanks to all the bands and people involved who are not mentioned above, including Steve Ellis, Alan Smyth and Ben Davey – who were all involved in recording the tracks – and the very kind Liam Stewart who is responsible for the aforementioned and highly anticipated t-shirts. Please have a listen to what else the bands have to offer below:
ONI10 – Man Proposes, God Disposes – Coming soon/next…