- soundcloud.com/ofnationalimpo… @AztecDollUK @The_Black_Lamps @McCarthyVigil 3 years ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Even when yr an old man the buzz of finding yr album in a great record shop never goes away. Cheers @PiccadillyRecs h… 4 years ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Chuffed to bits that this wonderful RPS exhibition at Barnsley Civic is using my latest Music for a Lost Film https:/… 4 years ago
- RT @The_Black_Lamps: Missed this while away in Australia, cheers @sicMagazine First Glances – Lyndon Scarfe - sicmagazine.net/11413/first-gl… 4 years ago
- RT @Chris_Nosnibor: has work to do, so here's a tube youtu.be/MZx3ubtGehU @ONI_Records 4 years ago
Of Dwindling Importance
- Of National Importance Records 2009-2015 (…and a bit more)
- ONI19 | Lyndon Scarfe | Music for a Lost Film: Volume 2
- ONI18 | Lyndon Scarfe | Layers EP
- Misophonic Minds: Another Corner of Barnsley Counter Culture
- The Black Lamps | Press, Reviews & Apparel
- The Black Lamps + McCarthy Vigil | LIB | 31.01.15
- The Black Lamps out now on CD, 12″ vinyl and Digital.
- The Black Lamps | Debut Album | Pre-order Now
- Long Division presents King Street Krawl | 14.09.14
- The Exhibition – Carry to the End | released today
Our compilation EP Pareidolia (ONI08) will finally be released on the 15th of July after over a year in the making. The 6-track release features Barnsley-based artists new and old to our label, who each contribute a track that you either won’t have heard before or one that has been newly mastered by Jason Sanderson. You can pre-order by clicking here or listen to a full stream of the complete thing below.
There are a range of options for the pre-order. The CD edition is limited to just 200 copies and comes in a hand-stamped and hand-numbered recycled card sleeve with an insert, complete with quote from Brian Cox’s spiritual father Carl Sagan. Many many thanks to the multi-talented Jamie Briggs from Imoko Set who designed the beautiful packaging and who I’m sure is available for other work. The digital version of Pareidolia will be available from Spotify, itunes, emusic and the rest from the 15th but our store is the place you’ll find the cheapest permanent downlands in whatever quality and format you’d like. We’ll also be adding some extremely limited Pareidolia t-shirts to the pre-order in the next few days so hold out if you like your music in a format you can wear.
There will be two launch nights near the release date in both Barnsley and Sheffield. First in Barnsley we have all six bands playing live on 13th of July, split between the venues Rebeccas and the newly opened Debut Records. There’s a Facebook event for that here which we’ll hopefully update with the specifics tomorrow. The Sheffield leg will be taking place at Redhouse on Solly Street on the 24th; Facebook event here.
More thanks to all the bands and people involved who are not mentioned above, including Steve Ellis, Alan Smyth and Ben Davey – who were all involved in recording the tracks – and the very kind Liam Stewart who is responsible for the aforementioned and highly anticipated t-shirts. Please have a listen to what else the bands have to offer below:
ONI10 – Man Proposes, God Disposes – Coming soon/next…
Well, after an absolute age of not actually releasing any new music, we finally have something for you and it’s free! Aztec Doll are a Barnsley based band – made up of Roxanna Mitchell (vocals/guitar), Lee Garforth (bass/vocals/melodica), Jack Smith (keyboard/vocals) and Joel Cheetham (drums) – that formed only last year. Endlessly is their first proper release, three tracks recorded with Alan Smyth at 2fly Studios, that you can download for literally nothing from our Bandcamp below. You can follow the band on Facebook, Twitter and Soundcloud too.
We’ve already got the next two releases ready; another free EP from The Exhibition, followed by a split EP including tracks from six bands new and old to ONI. There should almost definitely probably be a much smaller wait before something happens again.
Very much worthy of a special mention is the upcoming Live in Barnsley festival that is set to feature performances from lots of our favourites including Imoko Set, The Black Lamps, McCarthy Vigil and pretty much every other local band you might and might not care to think of. Amazingly, it’s also completely free!
At some point in early Spring 2013 we’ll be releasing a five-track split EP of Barnsley based/originating bands. The release will feature contributions from The Black Lamps, The Exhibition, Imoko Set, McCarthy vigil and one more band to be confirmed. You can hear a little of that below:
Top photo by Kojiki Design
Top artwork by Dave Mullen Jnr
Alvarez Kings and Of National Importance Records release the follow up to 2011’s acclaimed Patience Is Strength EP worldwide next month on the 18th of June. Recorded with Dave Sanderson at 2fly Studios in Sheffield and Steve Ellis at Orion Studio in Rotherham, the 4 tracks will be available from all major download stores and as a limited edition CD. Digital and physical formats are available to pre-order now from our shop and include a free immediate download of Fractured Bones & Reputations.
The tracklist is as follows: