At some point in early Spring 2013 we’ll be releasing a five-track split EP of Barnsley based/originating bands. The release will feature contributions from The Black Lamps, The Exhibition, Imoko Set, McCarthy vigil and one more band to be confirmed. You can hear a little of that below:
More from the bands here:
The Black Lamps | Facebook
The Exhibition | Facebook
Imoko Set | Facebook
McCarthy Vigil | Facebook
Top photo by Kojiki Design
Thank you to everyone that has so far downloaded the compilation album ‘Things That Aren’t There’ (still available here), and even bigger thanks to those of you that gave a little to the Willow Foundation in exchange. If you were one of the first people to donate you will have received an email this week about receiving kindly donated copies of the Cocean EP and The Exhibition single that were part of the giveaway. If you enjoyed what you heard, here’s where you might like to delve a little further:
- Imoko Set have three other tracks, including ‘Into The Dark’, a track from the same sessions as ‘This is the Language’, available for free download from their Soundcloud page.
- The Exhibition’s debut single is available on 7″ vinyl from our own shop, whilst there are free downloads galore over on the-exhibition.co.uk.
- Cocean’s EP ‘Pictures Fade’ (Seduction Records), and their split single with, another local band, Lines In Sand (Inhaler Records), are both available through itunes.
- The North are now Toba Caldera. Find their free demo here.
- Richard Kitson’s debut album ‘Home and Dry’ featuring the track ‘Low Tide’ is available for just £5 through richardkitson.com.
- McCarthy Vigil have some brand new tracks uploaded over on their Soundcloud page.
- The 4-track Penguin. EP ‘This is Believing’ is available via itunes and through Dead Sober Records.
- Hear more from The Favio Bechthold Situation on his Myspace page and look out for a full release through Of National Importance Records in the near future.
- Goldsoul track ‘Fake’ is available to download for free here, their debut single will be released very soon.
- Various Charlie North albums including ‘The Spaces Inbetween’ – from which ‘Early Morning Call’ is taken – are available from Charlie’s Bandcamp page.
- Liam Stewart’s highly recommended album ‘Sixteen Words’ is available in its entirety for free via the Blocsonic label (as are the maxi-singles ‘Sooner’ and ‘Bird of Prey’.)
- You can find more tracks from The Glavins over on their Myspace page here.
- Goodbye Good’s self-titled and brilliant debut album is available from Pick Out a Good Note Records.
- Mynas have their debut album available now through their own shop at mynas.co.uk.
- ‘Up From the Deep’ is the latest album from Katriona Gilmore and Jamie Roberts, available along with much more from gilmoreroberts.co.uk
- Lyndon Scarfe has six tracks available to download for free over at www.soundcloud.com/lyndonscarfe
- All tracks from Kafka are also available to download completely for free via his Soundcloud page.
In home news, we have a lot of releases coming up in the first half of 2011. Firstly we’ll be dealing with the UK side of the Alvarez Kings ‘Patience is strength’ EP release, followed most likely by a couple of soon to be announced projects with bands new to the label in the early summer.
The Exhibition are nominated in two categories at this year’s Sheffield Scenester Awards. You can’t influence the results as such yourself but you might enjoy the ceremony which takes place tonight (31/01/11) at Soyo. News on The Exhibition’s live return and new recordings will likely come your way over the next few months.
Top Photo by Kojiki Design
17 tracks cast from the concrete hands of Barnsley Town, available to download now! Featuring tracks from Cocean, The Exhibition, The Favio Bechthold Situation, Katriona Gilmore & Jamie Roberts, The Glavins, Goldsoul, Goodbye Good, Imoko Set, Kafka, Richard Kitson, McCarthy Vigil, Mynas, Charlie North, The North, Penguin, Lyndon Scarfe and Liam Stewart. If you’d like to own this digital album, and can afford to do so, then please do donate whatever you can to the very worthwhile cause that is the Willow Foundation (donations via Paypal, debit and credit card are prompted upon download). If you’ve already spent your entire earnings in celebrating the birth of Christ then please feel welcome to download the album for free, but consider donating to the charity in the new year (you can do so here) and maybe attending one of these wonderful nights to marvel at what else our town has to offer:
The Cedar Room | Burn Down The Disco | BOM
The Malcolm Shotton Gentlemens Club | Indiemand
Click the banner below to download and donate now
Please be patient with the download, the initial email shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes (check your spam/junk if not) whilst the download will take a fair few more. If you’re having any problems then please check here first, and if you still find yourself wanting then feel free to email us as aggressively as you may feel necessary.
Artwork and full album credits are available here: Things That Aren’t There
If you don’t trust the internet and would like to donate via any other method, no matter how obscure, then please download the compilation guilt free and contact us or see if your fears are countered here.