Our compilation EP Pareidolia is officially released today. Rejoice! Though you may have already acquired yourself a copy from somewhere special, if you haven’t and would very much like to, there are links to do so below.
The limited edition CD is available from Bandcamp, Debut Records and Norman Records. By the end of the week it’ll also be in a select few other independents up and down the country. The following are links to UK sites where you can buy the digital version of Pareidolia but in most cases, if you live elsewhere, you’ll find the release available in your region too with a quick search.
itunes | Amazon | Bandcamp | 7digital | Nokia Music | Google Play
There are many many more digital retailers providing the tracks than we’ve room to list here – including streaming services like Spotify and Wimp Music – so again just check your favourite or get in touch.
We also have T-shirts available from today. They’re very limited and you’ll only find those in our own store by clicking here. Each shirt comes with a digital copy of all six tracks included in the price. Thank you Liam!
We had our Barnsley launch event this Saturday and what a lovely day it was. There are a few pictures of the very hot and tight conditions from inside Debut Records on their Facebook page. Thank you very much to all the bands, Stu for letting us takeover his shop, the members of Toba Caldera who ran the sound and venue at Rebeccas, the local press that helped to promote it, Rebecca Bracha for the top photo and of course everyone who came down to either venue. And there’s still the Sheffield leg to come on the 24th…
Finally, here’s the video for Imoko Set’s Crying in the Temple. Enjoy
Our compilation EP Pareidolia (ONI08) will finally be released on the 15th of July after over a year in the making. The 6-track release features Barnsley-based artists new and old to our label, who each contribute a track that you either won’t have heard before or one that has been newly mastered by Jason Sanderson. You can pre-order by clicking here or listen to a full stream of the complete thing below.
There are a range of options for the pre-order. The CD edition is limited to just 200 copies and comes in a hand-stamped and hand-numbered recycled card sleeve with an insert, complete with quote from Brian Cox’s spiritual father Carl Sagan. Many many thanks to the multi-talented Jamie Briggs from Imoko Set who designed the beautiful packaging and who I’m sure is available for other work. The digital version of Pareidolia will be available from Spotify, itunes, emusic and the rest from the 15th but our store is the place you’ll find the cheapest permanent downlands in whatever quality and format you’d like. We’ll also be adding some extremely limited Pareidolia t-shirts to the pre-order in the next few days so hold out if you like your music in a format you can wear.
There will be two launch nights near the release date in both Barnsley and Sheffield. First in Barnsley we have all six bands playing live on 13th of July, split between the venues Rebeccas and the newly opened Debut Records. There’s a Facebook event for that here which we’ll hopefully update with the specifics tomorrow. The Sheffield leg will be taking place at Redhouse on Solly Street on the 24th; Facebook event here.
More thanks to all the bands and people involved who are not mentioned above, including Steve Ellis, Alan Smyth and Ben Davey – who were all involved in recording the tracks – and the very kind Liam Stewart who is responsible for the aforementioned and highly anticipated t-shirts. Please have a listen to what else the bands have to offer below:
The Black Lamps | Aztec Doll | McCarthy Vigil
Imoko Set | Toba Caldera | The Exhibition
ONI10 – Man Proposes, God Disposes – Coming soon/next…
Our next release. Details, stream and pre-order all available here from 02.07.13.
At some point in early Spring 2013 we’ll be releasing a five-track split EP of Barnsley based/originating bands. The release will feature contributions from The Black Lamps, The Exhibition, Imoko Set, McCarthy vigil and one more band to be confirmed. You can hear a little of that below:
More from the bands here:
The Black Lamps | Facebook
The Exhibition | Facebook
Imoko Set | Facebook
McCarthy Vigil | Facebook
Top photo by Kojiki Design
Above is the new video for Dan Williamson’s track ‘I Cooked Her Heart’. The song is taken from Fat Elephant studio’s forthcoming ‘Under The Stairs’ EP, which also features contributions from Elephant Keys and Whispering Dolls.
Below are a few other things you may or may not have heard before:
‘Lowest Far Left Area’ (Demo) by The Favio Bechthold Situation. Free Download
‘Beginning and Ending’ by The Exhibition. Free Download
‘Patience is Strength’ [Orion Studio Version] by Alvarez Kings
Gigs: Alvarez Kings will be headlining their first European tour this month after Launching the EP ‘Patience is Strength’ at a secret location is Sheffield. Dan Williamson meanwhile – also appearing at said launch party – has a string of his own Sheffield dates planned and The Exhibition will be making a live return at The Cedar Room in Barnsley with a slightly adjusted lineup. Full dates below:
08/04/11 The Bowery Sheffield
9/04/11 Secret Location Sheffield
30/05/11 The Frog & Parrot Sheffield
11/05/11 The Frog & Parrot Sheffield
14/05/11 The Harley Sheffield
03/06/11 The Plug Sheffield
9/04/11 Secret Location (EP Release Party) Sheffield, UK
13/04/11 Cafe Video Ghent, Belgium
14/04/11 Hafen 2 Offenbach, Germany
16/04/11 Zwolfzehn Stuttgart, Germany
19/04/11 La Salumeria Del Rock Arceto, Italy
20/04/11 Esnoblog Trieste, Italy
21/04/11 Jack The Ripper Verona, Italy
22/04/11 Controsenso Club Prato, Italy
23/04/11 Cantine Mediterraneo Frosinone, Italy
24/04/11 Scimme Milano, Italy
30/04/11 The Cedar Room Barnsley
Top photo by Kev Williams
Thank you to everyone that has so far downloaded the compilation album ‘Things That Aren’t There’ (still available here), and even bigger thanks to those of you that gave a little to the Willow Foundation in exchange. If you were one of the first people to donate you will have received an email this week about receiving kindly donated copies of the Cocean EP and The Exhibition single that were part of the giveaway. If you enjoyed what you heard, here’s where you might like to delve a little further:
- Imoko Set have three other tracks, including ‘Into The Dark’, a track from the same sessions as ‘This is the Language’, available for free download from their Soundcloud page.
- The Exhibition’s debut single is available on 7″ vinyl from our own shop, whilst there are free downloads galore over on the-exhibition.co.uk.
- Cocean’s EP ‘Pictures Fade’ (Seduction Records), and their split single with, another local band, Lines In Sand (Inhaler Records), are both available through itunes.
- The North are now Toba Caldera. Find their free demo here.
- Richard Kitson’s debut album ‘Home and Dry’ featuring the track ‘Low Tide’ is available for just £5 through richardkitson.com.
- McCarthy Vigil have some brand new tracks uploaded over on their Soundcloud page.
- The 4-track Penguin. EP ‘This is Believing’ is available via itunes and through Dead Sober Records.
- Hear more from The Favio Bechthold Situation on his Myspace page and look out for a full release through Of National Importance Records in the near future.
- Goldsoul track ‘Fake’ is available to download for free here, their debut single will be released very soon.
- Various Charlie North albums including ‘The Spaces Inbetween’ – from which ‘Early Morning Call’ is taken – are available from Charlie’s Bandcamp page.
- Liam Stewart’s highly recommended album ‘Sixteen Words’ is available in its entirety for free via the Blocsonic label (as are the maxi-singles ‘Sooner’ and ‘Bird of Prey’.)
- You can find more tracks from The Glavins over on their Myspace page here.
- Goodbye Good’s self-titled and brilliant debut album is available from Pick Out a Good Note Records.
- Mynas have their debut album available now through their own shop at mynas.co.uk.
- ‘Up From the Deep’ is the latest album from Katriona Gilmore and Jamie Roberts, available along with much more from gilmoreroberts.co.uk
- Lyndon Scarfe has six tracks available to download for free over at www.soundcloud.com/lyndonscarfe
- All tracks from Kafka are also available to download completely for free via his Soundcloud page.
In home news, we have a lot of releases coming up in the first half of 2011. Firstly we’ll be dealing with the UK side of the Alvarez Kings ‘Patience is strength’ EP release, followed most likely by a couple of soon to be announced projects with bands new to the label in the early summer.
The Exhibition are nominated in two categories at this year’s Sheffield Scenester Awards. You can’t influence the results as such yourself but you might enjoy the ceremony which takes place tonight (31/01/11) at Soyo. News on The Exhibition’s live return and new recordings will likely come your way over the next few months.
Top Photo by Kojiki Design